Tuesday 6 August 2013

Delhi Couture Week 2013 - Ritu Beri




Designer Ritu Beri brought a strong Punjabi flavour at the fourth edition of PCJ Delhi Couture Week 2013 when she displayed her "over the top" collection, was inspired by Punjab. The expressive and dramatic collection named "Punjabi Rock & Roll" was a blend of ghagras, patiala salwars, choga like jackets, and sari inspired gowns. High collars, ruffles and Swarovski work in metallic, black, white and more were highlights of her couture line.

"It was over the top, but that's what couture is all about. You have to go crazy. But the whole idea was you could wear the jacket with a pair of jeans, a skirt with body suit or plain white shirt so there was experimentation, but it was quite wearable," Beri told reporters at a press conference post her grand show here.

"I just love the drama of big collars. They are removable. I always wear high collars myself, so on the stage I went all the way and for couture show I can do what I want," she added.

"I've used lot of ruffles, lace, collars and embroidery. There was lot of gota, zardosi and different stones. I collaborated with brand Gaurav and Gautam, who helped me put all this together and we did a lot of embroideries together," she said.

Here's a look at the highlights -



























No comments:

Post a Comment